Sunday, September 6, 2015

Okay. I'm broken. I'm at the bottom. Can't take it anymore. I Have GOT To Get Back To Serving God Full Time In Honduras And I HAVE To HAVE YOUR HELP! Some of you know I have been back in the U.S. for some time now. Working to try to raise enough money, through working a secular job, to try to get back to serving as a missionary to Honduras. I just recently returned from five weeks in Honduras and it was So hard to leave. For only the second time in sixteen years, I drove to Honduras this time. Thanks to the help a great man that has made that same trip over fifty times to take supplies, vehicles, and other items to missionaries serving in Mexico, Guatemala, and Honduras, Kevin Rasch. As I was leaving Honduras,I wanted so much to drive back to Texas, sell my Pickup, and go straight back to Honduras. But I know I can't/don't want to do it without support again. For most of my six years on the mission field, I made it on an average of only seven thousand dollars a year. That's not easy, even in Honduras. I don't know any missionaries there that have a budget of less than three thousand dollars A Month. And most have five to (one admitted to me) seven thousand dollars per month. And that's not money to use on ministering, it's what they say is required for lifestyle. Rent, food, transportation, insurance, health care, retirement, fund raising trips to the U.S.... And the list goes on and on. The ministry I first went to serve with said that as much as sixty thousand dollars was needed in hand for a missionary to begin to serve with them (at their school/orphanage). My belief is when God Calls, you go. You don't wait until you meet the requirements man/some organized ministry requires.
When I first went in 2008, with little more than a couple months expenses on hand, I took two weeks vacation from work and flew to Honduras with my children with the intent of staying ten days for an interview with a ministry. While I was there I knew God was telling me to stay. And I stayed. I never came back to the U.S. (except to visit). While most prospective missionaries stay in the U.S. for a year or more to raise monthly support. I went and stayed solely on faith that God Called me, and God would sustain me. For the first two years I served with that ministry. I believe that ministries should use most of their resources for ministry, and do as little business as needed to keep the ministry going. But as time went by, I saw that the ministry I was with, as well as the other ministries I saw, although probably started with good intentions, had turned into businesses that did just enough ministry to keep the big/thriving business going. That Is Not How God Called Me To Do. I served as an Independent missionary (I don't like that name because I was never independent, I was and am always with God). But I was not connected to any established ministry. While with the "established" ministry, I had had to pay monthly fees to them on average from $600. to over $800. per month. That was as they put it to "Answer your Call from God and come and plug into our turn key ministry". Meaning to answer your Call in their established ministry with all it's infrastructure in place. Missionary fees, school feels, transportation fees, eat a meal at the mission house fees, even drink a soda at the mission house and there were more fees. I was seeing so much money coming into that ministry, and seeing so little going out in actual ministry to the Honduran people.
So in 2010, I began serving independent of any other established ministry. By 2012 I was living in a typical Honduran community, in a typical one room home (although it did have brick for the walls instead of wood). With a concrete floor and tin for the roof. It had an outhouse for the bathroom, but it did have a toilet inside with a pipe that ran out to the outhouse, so we didn't have to go outside to use the bathroom. When we moved there I felt like I'd gotten a great promotion. Finally I was actually living among typical Hondurans.
GOD HAS PUT ON MY HEART THE NEED FOR ME TO RETURN TO HONDURAS TO SERVE HIM THERE FULL TIME. MY INTENTION IS TO POST EVERY DAY FOR THE NEXT THIRTY DAYS. I KNOW THAT GOD HAS CALLED ME TO SERVE HIM THERE FULL TIME, AND HE HAS ALSO CALLED OTHERS (POSSIBLY YOU?) TO SUPPORT THIS MINISTRY THERE . PLEASE ANSWER THE CALL!!!!!!!

No comments: