Thursday, April 2, 2009

APRIL 2009 UPDATE

HOLLY SPRINGS BAPTIST CHURCH
304 Raleigh Street, Holly Springs, N.C. 27540 (919) 552-2591
Is having a BBQ PIG PICKIN-Mission Fund Raiser
for us on Friday, APRIL 24 from 12:00 Noon - 6:30PM
BBQ
Coleslaw
Potatoes
Bread, and
Poundcake are included
Plates are $7.00, and proceeds go to help support our Ministry here in Honduras
Please try to attend. I wish we could be there to join you all.


I pray that God will bless each and every one of you. Thank you all for your continued prayer, and emotional and financial support. April 12th will mark our tenth month serving here in Honduras. Each and every day is a wonderful blessing to us. Every day we are around other believers that God has called to serve on the Mission Field. Those of us are here full time, and those who He has called to serve for one week on a short term mission trip. People who not only heard God’s Call, they answered.

“If any of you wants to be my follower”, he told them, “you must put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross, and follow me. If you try to keep your life for yourself, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake and for the sake of the Good News, you will find new life. And how do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul in the process? Is anything worth more than your soul?

Serving God as a full time missionary is the most amazing time of my life. I love being here, seeing God use people who have answered His Call to serve here to Honduras. God truly makes His presence known as He works through these people.
As team members finish their week, they fill out a short survey on their experiences throughout the week. Here are some of recent comments:
-“God worked in my heart in so many ways! It is such a joy to see “glimpses” of God at work in so many lives and hearts. It is profound to see people “stretched” way beyond their comfort zones, and then to witness their growth. Thanks for a great week”.
-A wonderful experience of fellowship and support within the group. We could feel God’s presence”.
-“I now know how this made such an impact on my wife when she came here five years ago. Because experiencing it now myself the impact has also been made on me”.
-“This was my third trip and I love coming down here. Until I came my first time two years ago, I couldn’t see how someone could feel they were called to missions. But at the end of that first trip, I knew. This is an amazing experience each time and this time was no different. God made it so obvious how he wants us to “help the least among you”. Thank you God for bringing me here!”
-“This week reminded me of the importance of sharing the gospel, and the ability to do so. I plan on making sure my Christian friends know how”.
-“God allowed me to serve the people of Honduras and perhaps make a small difference in their lives. I truly was blessed by this honor. The WGO staff was wonderful. They helped to define for me, what God would have me do on my walk of faith as I go back to the U.S.”.
And these last two. First from the daughter:
-“I don’t even know yet what all God did in my heart. I am so grateful for this trip and the people God placed here with me. The only person I knew coming here was my Dad and I feel as though God placed me in a “Body of Christ” this week”.
Then her fathers answer to the question: What did you like most about your trip?
“To see the change in my daughter”.
The father also wrote: “God showed me that the Honduran people helped me more than I helped them”.

Many people that come for a week get that feeling. They came to show and share Gods love with the Honduran people, but they leave feeling that it was they who were most blessed.
In 2007 W.G.O. witnessed to 56,307 people through Medical Brigades. In 2008, the number rose to 65,830. So far in 2009, 22,189 people have come to our Medical Brigades and heard the Good News of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Soon we will celebrate Easter. Here in Honduras it is a week long celebration called “Semana Santa” (Holy Week). Children are out of school all week, and many people are off from work. There is another day that is celebrated here that I also like. It is “Dia de la Biblia”. That’s right, “Day of the Bible”. A common billboard I see says “Jesus, Thank You for giving your life for me”.

ANNOUNCEMENT:
Holly Springs Baptist Church is having a “BarBQue Pig Pickin” on April 24th to raise funds to support our ministry in Honduras. It is at from noon to 6:30 pm at:
Holly Springs Baptist Church
304 Raleigh Street
Holly Springs, N.C. 27540
(919) 552-2591
Plates are $7.00

No comments: