Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Here is a video that shows some of the types of work I have done here in Honduras. (I've tried twice to get the video on but still it's not here. I'll try again later.) It was taken when I was serving with WGO. I left WGO in 2010 and since that time I have been working with God as my guide. I have recently moved to a city on the north coast of Honduras, named Tela. In my last post, you can read of the tough time I have had since being Called to serve there. I know God has great plans for me there or else I do not believe satan would be trying so hard to keep me away. He has already been defeated so he may as well quit wasting his time with me. Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour and with Him all things are possible.


During this time I have been blessed with the awesome opportunity to also spend time living and serving in Nueva Capital. One of the poorest neighborhoods in the capital city.


Please prayerfully consider supporting us financially and with your prayers in 2011. Where I now live is much cheaper than where I was before in the capital. We work hard to manage the funds we receive so that as much as possible can be used to directly help Hondurans in need. In 2011 I hope that many of you will come and experience serving in God's name here in Honduras with me. Right now I have only one supporter that I can regularly count on to help us with as much as $100. per month. I hope many more will begin to support us at that level. There are so many opportunities to serve and many times I struggle just to pay rent, utilities, and eat. I would love to be able to do so much more, but funds are needed to make that possible. Still, I believe it's not so much the big things you do, as it is the countless small things you do day in and day out that make an even greater difference.


Right now I only have one supporter that regularly supports me as much as $100. per month. Most all of our support comes in one time donations. Thank God for those as He always has provided for what we truly need. We have never been able to plan a budget that we could follow, because I never know how much I will have to work with. For 2011 I pray that will change. I would love to have people come to Honduras and personally experience what life here is like. And to meet and serve with some of the most humble, loving, Spirit Filled people you will ever meet. Honduran Christians. I offer any $100. per month supporter to come and stay a week at no cost other than your airfare. If you live anywhere near where Spirit Airlines flies that can be quite cheap. I recently found a roundtrip ticket with Spirit for $220. (plus extra for bags). During your time here we can evangelize, work on projects, connect with other ministries, enjoy the beach and surrounding areas. Even visit other areas of Honduras if you would like. We will work together to plan your time here any way you like.


I have also always thought that it is not large amounts of money needed from a few people, but small amounts from many people. What person that has a computer and is reading this blog could honestly say that they could not give $10. per month to support a ministry that is making a difference in Honduras? If 100 people would commit to sending $10. per month, that would pay all my expenses in Honduras with money left for small projects. More than 100 people, even more available for helping.

Please Prayerfully consider supporting us in 2011. For those of you that have thought of going a a mission trip but wondered why ministries charge so much, where does all that money go, can we customize a trip, well now is the time for you to come! MAKE a DIFFERENCE for GOD in 2011!

Donations can be made through my Church in N.C..

Holly Springs Baptist Church, P.O. Box 366, Holly Springs, N.C..27540 Make Checks payable to the Church with Roy Morton Ministry in the "FOR" section.

PayPal is the quickest and possibly the easiest way to donate. They use my email address of rmortonjr@iwon.com and my name there is Roy L. Morton, Jr.

I hope to see many of you here in 2011. God Bless You All!



No comments: