Friday, September 23, 2011

I NEED Y O U R HELP!

Jesus tells us all in:
Luke 9:23
Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. 24 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it. 25 What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit their very self? 26 Whoever is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels
I know that God also Called me to:
Matthew 28:19
Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you

I have been serving as a missionary in Honduras for more than three years. I don’t call it work, because I love what I do so much that I thank God for every moment that He allows me to continue to serve him there. Every day I wake up excited to go out and experience another day serving our Lord and Savior. Doing the work, the actual hands on ministry part, is so easy for me. It comes so naturally. God has blessed me with gifts, talents, and life experiences that match perfectly with what He has Called me to Honduras to do.
But it is not all easy. Last year our level of support was so low that I decided to let my son (Jesus, 17) and my daughter (Jennifer, 13) go back to attend school in the U.S.. Being away from them is by far, the most difficult for me. Verses that help me be at peace with that decision are:
Matthew 10:37
He who loves mother or father more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.
Matthew 19:29
And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands for my sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and inherit eternal life.

Financial support has continued to be less and less. But if anything, Gods Call on me to continue in Honduras has grown more and more. The harder it gets, the more I feel in Gods Will. I see God showing me that His Son is all I truly need. Anything else is just extra.
I would love to have money to help in material ways. But that I don’t, makes me concentrate more and more on the main reason we are all here on earth. Serving God and growing in our relationship with Him, while trying to help as many people as possible also come to know and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
I am determined to continue to serve as a missionary to Honduras until God Calls me to leave.
Isaiah 50:7
Because the Sovereign Lord helps me, I will not be dismayed. Therefore, I have set my face like a stone, determined to do his will. And I know that I will triumph.

But to be able to continue, I need YOUR help. I ask that you prayerfully consider partnering with me in this ministry. All I ask for is $10. per month. If you feel you can do more, please do. 100% of your donation goes directly to me to be used in Honduras.

I invite all who will to come visit me in Tela, Honduras. If you live near where Spirit Airlines flies and are flexible with travel dates, you can probably get a great deal on your airfare. Please contact me if you are interested.




No comments: